View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraphim
MaksPecar
Recruit

re: Rune-Keeper

Okay, guys, since there are a few RK in this kin, i was thinking of opening a guide/help section here. I'm not well experienced (just dinged 40 today), but I have read a lot of guides. So if anyone is in need of help/a guide or just willing to share his/her knowledge, be my guest. Happy
Salamibal

Well, I have a lvl 45 rk, I'm not sure I'll be of a lot of help, but anyway I'm good at healing with a rk and that's easy to explain Happy
(I actually like healing more than dps'ing..., in every mmorpg I played I've always been a healer, except in Lotro :p)

So, the first thing, simply trait as a healer.
Then you should get some healing legacies on your LI or you should get the appropiate rk-tool (riffler, infused nestad parchment, etc.).
Don't heal more than necessary, as a rk, you lose your power quite fast, so, unless you have a LM in your fellowship, heal only when necessary.

Some of the best power saving ways of healing are:
-use mending verse-this gives quite a good amount of instant healing+a nice hot.
-use writ of healing-really nice hot, in combination with mending verse, you hardly lose morale.
-Use rousing words everytime your fellowship needs a lot of morale-since it's an aoe heal.
-also use Essay of Exaltation-this skill will become available at lvl 42-it has the same effect as Word of Exaltation, but targets the entire fellowship and gives a very strong hot.
-sometimes it's better to use Epic for the Ages than mending verse, but only use it when someone needs a lot of morale, but still has enough to survive for some time, because Epic for the Ages has a very long induction-the heal that it gives is worth it Happy

This is for healing up to lvl 48, after that, you'll have some additional damage transfer skills and healing multiplier skills. Once my rk get higher lvl, I'll be able to explain more Happy There aren't that much healing skills, so not much to explain Happy
Seraphim
MaksPecar
Recruit

You forgot rune of restoration :D. I found it a great aoe healing helper, especially if you have the proper traits (rune of endurance). It can also strenthen your rousing words. Even the high aggro on rune can be useful, since it draws aggro only on the rune, good when the tank is failing in keeping the aggro or dead :P.
Salamibal

Well, rune of restoration does improve rousing words, but it's not really that great. The rune heals about 30-60 morale every 5 sec.., and that isn't really that good in a raid where everyone has 5.5k+ morale.
and I didn't even have to mention it, you usually summon it anyway :p
it's not even a part of the healing, it's part of the preparation. Happy
Seraphim
MaksPecar
Recruit

True :D
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edhel Annon Forum Index -> Rune-keeper All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: