View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carinthe
Caun
Novice poster

re: Not again!!

Right, as you might have gathered from the title, the warden class is facing a change... again. And on top of that, it has the potential to screw wardens over like the expansion Rise of Isengard did.

What are they changing? Well, lets just say that our main stat, as we see it now, is going to change from might to agility. as can be read in this thread over on the official forums, most wardens are quite unhappy with the timing on this.

What does that mean to wardens? Well, say hello to the hunters when rolling on items that contain both vitality and agility. It hopefully means that those wardens that already have their armour, will see a change in the stats on that armour. (Being realistic here and knowing Turbine's past, don't get your hopes up to high)

So, yeah, again we wardens face the big change to our beloved class and the potential of being royally screwed over again. This normally happens with a new expansion, but I think they forgot to do that with Riders of Rohan. envy tongue out

Novice poster

Hmm, I doubt my Warden will be very high when it happens, so hopefully I won't have to change too much... it seems like a really odd stat for Warden to focus on though =/
Tangy!
Edhel Annon Ally

re: Re: Not again!!

Carinthe wrote:
Right, as you might have gathered from the title, the warden class is facing a change... again. And on top of that, it has the potential to screw wardens over like the expansion Rise of Isengard did.

What are they changing? Well, lets just say that our main stat, as we see it now, is going to change from might to agility. as can be read in this thread over on the official forums, most wardens are quite unhappy with the timing on this.

What does that mean to wardens? Well, say hello to the hunters when rolling on items that contain both vitality and agility. It hopefully means that those wardens that already have their armour, will see a change in the stats on that armour. (Being realistic here and knowing Turbine's past, don't get your hopes up to high)

So, yeah, again we wardens face the big change to our beloved class and the potential of being royally screwed over again. This normally happens with a new expansion, but I think they forgot to do that with Riders of Rohan. envy tongue out

Wouldn't this also be helpful Bry? AGI after all gives a lot of benefits, and it would only be content after this patch that would really expect Wards to be built this way ...so lower ones have no fear?

I suppose AGI would mean playing differently as well, as Might gives block and stuff doesn't it ....I suppose it will just be rearranging the most important stuff really, was wasn't Might, Agility and Vitality the key 3 for Wards before this?

However you'd also maybe be rolling against Burgs as well, I don't know how the user generated loot is (yet) so maybe that helps also ? but ...you guys have obviously experienced this.
Carinthe
Caun
Novice poster

re: Re: Not again!!

Tangy! wrote:
Carinthe wrote:

Wouldn't this also be helpful Bry? AGI after all gives a lot of benefits, and it would only be content after this patch that would really expect Wards to be built this way ...so lower ones have no fear?

I suppose AGI would mean playing differently as well, as Might gives block and stuff doesn't it ....I suppose it will just be rearranging the most important stuff really, was wasn't Might, Agility and Vitality the key 3 for Wards before this?

However you'd also maybe be rolling against Burgs as well, I don't know how the user generated loot is (yet) so maybe that helps also ? but ...you guys have obviously experienced this.

We have experienced this before yes, but not half-way through an expansion. This change means that stacking might is something of the past. Those of the wardens that have their gear, and specifically jewellery, based on vitality and might, have to grind out a new set. Luckily, the armour sets from Hytbold will be changed to hold vitality and agility.

The issue with the change to agility is that block, parry and evade are still capped at 25%. Stacking agility and using our selfbuffs could easily mean we cap out on evade very easy. Just like we can do now with block. Stack 1000 might and use your selfbuffs and you go over the cap.

I do not mind the change to agility completely as that is how warden used to start out. Warden was designed to be an avoidance tank; many evades and misses, accompanied by blocks and parries. Lower level wardens have less of a problem so far, as the rewards are usually based on agility and vitality.

However, we still have to see how this change pans out. Warden is a complex class and the slightest change can have disastrous concequences. The RoI update to warden is still in my memory as being the point where warden hit rock-bottom. Lets hope that this is not a lower place. tongue out

we'll survive. we're wardens and were hobbits!

amnon23e wrote:
we'll survive. we're wardens and were hobbits!

Sturdy and full of win? tongue out

Lol, looks like I'll be rolling another hunter
Bregawen
Caun
Novice poster

they sure love us wardens.. it could be worse tho, like making my chars hobbits, which thank the gaming Gods hasnt happened..
Carinthe
Caun
Novice poster

Bregawen wrote:
they sure love us wardens.. it could be worse tho, like making my chars hobbits, which thank the gaming Gods hasnt happened..

Yet... tongue out

Turbine could actually do one service to wardens: nerf them. Nothing else would be needed.

Novice poster

Well, that might just have happened with this. Although the grace-period makes it so both might and agility are main stats. Means wardens can be ever more overpowered then now.

Jump to: