View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ealdorfalcon

re: Summer 2014 - event suggestions

Nice. I hadn't considered those possibilities, but they sound like fun. Perhaps if we can get enough people together some time, we can discuss this in more depth. :)

reepete1
Caun
Novice poster

All is good suggestion Faren. The few times i've been online the last year (due to real life issues) havent been much of social activities in the kin. Hopfully I will be back in the beginning of August to help out with some events. Music is allways a possibilite to start up. I could through together some fast little races, scavanger hunts etc.

But it will all come down to real life, so we will see what i can muster.

Ealdorfalcon

re: re: Re: Summer 2014 - event suggestions

Thank you for fixing my post.

Upon examination, I realized that some information had been accidentally deleted (probably by me in attempt to add line breaks :P), but it has now be reinstated.

Carinthe
Caun
Novice poster

re: Re: Summer 2014 - event suggestions

Ealdorfalcon wrote:

(Also, could someone tell me how to include line breaks in posts in this forum, and sorry about the wall of text. :P)

Hehe, I took the liberty of editing your post so it looks a bit less then a wall of text.

The best thing to do, is to regard the forums as a simple notepad feature. It has little to no markup and anything you create in any other text editor, will have it's text markup removed pretty redically. There are a few features at the top of the editing/creating new post which allow you to make lists, insert links and smileys and such. Best thing to do is just to create a post with the forum editor and use its features.

Kind regards,

Bryana.

P.S.: Yes, I'm still keeping my eye on the site.

Hello, Edhel Annon; Farendrys here. It's been a long time (at least 6 months, I believe) since our kin has held any events, and the other day, I was part of a discussion on this matter, and a few things were proposed. I personally would like to see some more activity of this kind in our kin, which has grown rather quiet of late, and wonder if we couldn't arrange a few events for the remainder of this summer, perhaps specifically sometime in late July or early August.

I read some of the previous posts in the forum, and found that this kin has quite a history of very large-scale events, perhaps we might be able to arrange something like that, but our current attendance seems a bit tight, so it may be advisable to start small.

Here are a few suggestions, not all of which are mine:

/Another Take the Hobbits to Isengard run, or some variation thereof. - This would not be too difficult to arrange and would be almost certainly a great deal of fun, the only downside being the time involved. Another possibility is the "Fatal Death Run", consisting of a large group of low-levels without bodyguards.

/Creepnight - This would be very simple and is tried-and-true, the only problem being that inopportune gankers could spoil the fun.

/Gift Exchange - This is one of my brainchilds, and would require some more thought and work. The basic concept is that people would sign up for this event through a special thread on this forum, and list one thing in-game that they could really use, like a certain gear-piece or rep items for a certain faction. Then they could contact the event host and apply to covertly get one of the other applicants what he or she wants. This way, everyone would receive one thing and give one thing. Gifts would be exchanged in the kinhouse on a set date. The host would not be required to get anything in particular, but would have to have a token present to offer to EVERYONE, such as free beer, rep items, or heritage runes. Also, to add to the fun, anyone could enter unannounced on the day of the event, so long as that person, like the host, has something to offer to everyone. (Note: things like playing a song or telling a joke would be perfectly acceptable, as the goal would be to create a good deal of good cheer and a festive atmosphere.) This event might be best shelved for now, as it would make a good Yuletide event.

/Music Nights: - This was brought up by Grug, and I suspect that it used to be one of the old events. People would gather, bringing an instrument of their choice, and take turns playing abc files in the kinhouse.

The above suggestions are by no means the only options. If anyone else has any insight or ideas concerning this, please reply to this post; the main point of this is to provoke discussion, so I'd love to see some feedback. :)

Thank you all and have a nice day.

(Also, could someone tell me how to include line breaks in posts in this forum, and sorry about the wall of text. :P)

Last edited by Ealdorfalcon on 18/07/2014 17:24; edited 2 times in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edhel Annon Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: